Monday, March 26, 2012

Darkness Bound by Stella Cameron. Book Review.

WHEN NIGHT FALLS

After her husband's tragic death, Leigh Kelly arrives on Whidbey Island determined to start over. Yet the tiny town of Chimney Rock is not as peaceful as it seems. Women have been disappearing, and Leigh can't shake the feeling that she's being watched . . . especially at night. Soon, she's experiencing visions she can't explain and fighting her attraction to a handsome stranger who seems to know her most intimate desires.

PASSION TRANSFORMS THEM

As the leader of the Team, a pack of werehounds forced to hide their very existence, former special ops soldier Niles Latimer is desperate to prove a man's heart beats beneath his predator's body. And Leigh-the mysterious beauty possessing powers she doesn't yet understand-may be the one woman who can help him. But Niles isn't the only one who recognizes Leigh's true identity. Something evil is waiting in the woods-and the hunt has begun . . .
My Review:

I thought I was going to fall in love with another series when I picked up darkness bound. And honestly, I was rather delighted with about the first half of the book. I enjoyed getting to know many of the characters and it was fun learning about the werehounds of Whidbey Island. The plot was intense and suspenseful. And the romance progressed nicely throughout the book.

But somewhere along the way I felt myself struggling to pick my Kindle back up and finish this book. I think maybe there was just too much going on all at once. Too many characters, shapeshifters and supernatural beings. They were just very hard to keep up with and keep track of. And while I did enjoy the plot, I found some of it to be confusing. I kept going back to re-read paragraphs to try and straighten things out in my head before moving on. And that certainly did not make it as enjoyable of a read as I would have liked it to be. By the end of the book, I still had a lot of unanswered questions and was left feeling like I had missed something. I didn't love it but I also didn't dislike it. I believe that a lot of people will certainly enjoy this book and I hope that everyone will pick it up for themselves and form their own opinions.

Even though I was disappointed with this book, I believe the series has a lot of potential. I will probably pick up the sequel as there are some characters I'm still curious about and I would love to see some of them get their own story.

Where to find Stella Cameron:

Website: http://www.stellacameron.com/
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/StellaCameron
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/15298.Stella_Cameron
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1455500151/stelacame-20
Barnes and Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/darkness-bound-stella-cameron/1030400108?ean=9781455500154

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...