Saturday, August 13, 2011

Roxanne Rhoads - Paranormal Pleasures: Ten Tales of Supernatural Seduction


Paranormal Pleasures: Ten Tales of Supernatural Seduction 
by: Roxanne Rhoads

Ten tantalizing, erotic tales of vampires, witches and demons grace the pages of this short story collection by Roxanne Rhoads. Step into the darkness and let these tales tempt and tease to satisfy your paranormal cravings. Eight of Roxanne Rhoads' previous eBook publications appear in this collection, along with two brand new, never before published tales of supernatural love and lust.





My Review:

10 SIZZLING HOT STORIES! Although there was 10 stories in this book I will review the book overall: Characters are very relate-able. The Plot grips you, and the pace keeps you hooked. The writing style is well done. I loved the originality. This was a great erotic Read. I would definitely recommend this to all my Erotic lovers out there.

My Rating: 5 Stars!

Author Interview:
Can you tell us a little about yourself?

Well, let’s see… I am an author, obviously J, a wife and mom of three crazy but extremely lovable children ranging in ages from 5 to 19. I love books- and I always have. I think if my husband didn’t corral my collection books would cover every surface of the house, he keeps buying me new bookshelves or creating little book nooks where I can stash them. In addition to reading and writing I love to garden and craft and hunt for vintage/antique treasures.

As far as my professional life, other than writing and promoting my own books, I work as a publicist for Entangled Publishing and I own and operate Bewitching Book Tours, a virtual book tour company that specializes in paranormal and urban fantasy books.

Do you recall how your interest in writing originated?

I grew up an only child living in a semi-rural area. There weren't any other kids to play with so I read- a lot. Books were my best friends so wanting to become a writer developed from being an avid reader. I wrote for the school and college papers throughout my school days, even wrote for the local newspaper and few local magazines. I wrote a lot of poetry and essays along with my journalistic pursuits but I didn't really start writing fiction until 2005 though.

What surprised you the most about the writing/publishing process?

How long the traditional publishing process can take- query, submit, hope to hear something and even if they say yes your book or story may not be seen until 2 years later (sometimes longer). That's why I love the the internet and ebooks- much faster road to publication.

How do you develop your plots and characters? Do you use any set formula?

No, ideas come to me and I work on development as I write. Sometimes if a story needs more I'll sit down and flesh out characters or scenes with a pen and notebook by jotting down ideas that I'll add in when I go back to typing.

What, in your opinion, are the most important elements of good writing?

Being able to tell a story that is engaging and that grows from beginning to end. And I love to be surprised. It's often hard for me as a writer to be surprised because I'll see set ups for plot arcs and story twists coming but when I don't and I'm surprised...well to me that's good writing.

Can you share a little of your current work with us?

Paranormal Pleasures is a collection of short stories that spans my erotic fiction career from early 2005 to now. Some of the stories are early examples of my work (Renata and Sea of Blood) others are from this past year (A Halloween to Remember, Overkill).

In Twitter Fashion use 140 characters or less, sum Paranormal Pleasures for us.

10 tantalizing tales of vampires, witches & demons grace the pages of this collection, step into the darkness & let these tales tempt you

How long did it take you to write it, and did you have any writer’s block along the way?

These stories span my erotic fiction career from 2005 to this past year. And writer's block- not so much. If I do get blocked on a story I just move on to something else.

Will we be seeing a following book to this stories?

Right now I'm working on the second book of a vampire series set in my local area of Flint, Michigan. It's an urban fantasy world but has steamy paranormal romance character interaction.

In this series readers will see a few familiar characters from the stories in Paranormal Pleasures.

Was there anything you find particularly challenging when writing this book?

Editing an formatting for print and various ebook readers- everything had to be formatted differently for each type of book. What a pain. I essentially re-did the book 5 or 6 times so I had a good version for each ereader and a good print version.

What were your feelings when you first saw the cover of your finished book?

OMG I loved it. Dawne Dominique rocks with the cover design. I had worked with her before so when I decided to self publish she was the cover artist I contacted- and I was not disappointed. She did a fabulous job. The cover of Paranormal Pleasures is gorgeous.

Follow This Author:

webssite: http://www.roxannesrealm.blogspot.com
Site: https://www.createspace.com/3585032
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0615470386/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=roxannerhoads-20&linkCode=as2&camp=217145&creative=399349&creativeASIN=0615470386

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004XJ4BUE/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=enchantyourse-20&linkCode=as2&camp=217145&creative=399349&creativeASIN=B004XJ4BUE


2 ebook copies of Paranormal Pleasures

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...