Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Interview With Melissa L. Webb & Review!

PhotobucketWhen evil comes for the ones you love, who will you choose to be?
Liss Taylor always suspected she was a little different than other people, between the nightmares of desolate wastelands and the tattoo of an arrow she was born with; but when one of Liss' friends dies at the teeth of a Raggedy Ann doll as a warning to her, she knows she is anything but normal.

Armed with knowledge instilled from the past, Liss pushes forward with the aid of her high school friends, two five-hundred year old Druids and a heroic shape shifter. As an old god stirs, Liss realizes she has faced its summoner before. Can Liss release her powers from within and stop this evil before it claims humanity as its own?

My Review:

I personally always thought that the Raggy Ann Doll was evil, and this book proved that to be true. (shivers) If anyone else shares the same creepy feeling with that doll, your in for a ride (prologue). This book was well put together, and the pace ran fluidly. The actions and events were great! The characters I wish were a little bit more developed and a little less repetitive on the pet names. Other then that this book was a good read. I would recommend to give this book a try.

You can find this book at:

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Weaver-Of-Darkness-ebook/dp/B004NEUIXI


Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Weaver-Of-Darkness/dp/B004NEUIXI

Smashwords: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/41772

Barnes and Noble: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Weaver-Of-Darkness/Melissa-L-Webb/e/2940012636133/?itm=4


INTERVIEW With Melissa L. Webb


PhotobucketCan you tell us a little about yourself?

I live in Northern California, between the ocean and the redwoods, in a town that is the tsunami capital of the U.S. When I'm not writing, I work at the schools tutoring students. I have a Chihuahua named, Buffy.

Do you recall how your interest in writing originated?

I knew from a very young age I loved telling people stories. I thrilled at the look in their eyes as I spun my tales in front of them. I knew more than anything I wanted to share the words inside of me with everyone I could. So I started writing; and I realized I loved the way I felt when I was lost in a new world, discovering it for the first time. I've been doing it ever since.

I have a nice time following you on Twitter. In 140 characters or less, sum up Weaver Of Darkness for us.

Weaver Of Darkness is an emotional journey through an ancient battle between Good and Evil.

What surprised you the most about the writing/publishing process?

I was from the old school of thought that to publish you had to get an agent and then be picked up by one of the big publishing houses to make it in this business. I was really surprised to find out that you could go the Indie route and still be successful.

What were your inspirations for creating this story?

The idea for Weaver Of Darkness has been with me since I was very young. Day after day, it haunted my mind until I realized I had to write it down and share it with the world or I would literally go insane from ignoring it. Once I put pen to paper, the story just weaved itself, as if I was only unearthing it for the first time in years. Weaver Of Darkness has always had a mind of its own.

Most people will/have probably found this book to leave them aching for the next book, how long did it take you to write it, and did you have any writer's block along the way?

Since the idea for Weaver Of Darkness has always been there, a part of me has always been working on this novel. When I sat down and seriously began to write it, it only took me about a year. I did end up having writer's block during the process. A few things just didn't feel right and I keep walking away from the novel. When I finally worked out what the problem was, and how to fix it, I finished it in about a month.

How do you develop your plots and characters? Do you use any set formula?

I get a basic idea in my head of what the story is and who's in it. I may even write out a few pages of the storyline and major plot points, but then I just write. I let the characters go where they want to go, and the story just fleshes its self out on its own. Most of the time, things happen in my books I don't even plan on. I'm never really sure of anything in my writing until it's finished.

What, in your opinion, are the most important elements of good writing?

I think if you have a good story and likeable characters that breathe on their own, you have the makings for a great novel.

Was there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?

The problem I have with my writing is keeping the word count down. There is always so much I want to put into a story, I sometimes have to pick and choose.

What were your feelings when you first saw the cover of your finished book?

I felt like I could finally stop and take a deep breath. There had been so much stress before, trying to get it ready to release. Then it suddenly hit me when I saw the cover. It was done. My novel was finished and ready for the world to read. It was definitely one of the best feelings I ever had.

Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?

That love is the greatest power in the world. If you have people you love, who love you in return; you can do anything.

You Can Visit Melissa L. Webb Here:

Website: http://www.melissalwebb.com/
Blog: http://melissalwebb.wordpress.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/melissalwebb
GoodReads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4548469.Melissa_L_Webb
LibraryThing: http://www.librarything.com/author/webbmelissal

3 comments:

Denise K. Rago said...

Great interview and your novel sounds really frightening! Dolls are a great vehicle for evil. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for having me here. I hope you all enjoy the book. And remember...live well and love always. ;)

Read Between the Lines said...

this books also sounds good I like to win it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...