Saturday, May 14, 2011

Author Ashley Christman - Book Review, Author Interview, Interaction/Chat

PhotobucketFor millennia Kate, a vampire succubus, has wandered through life feeding on both the blood and sex of mortals. Even that gets boring after a while. Her life is caught in monotony until she meets Hollywood heart throb, Aidan Cross.

Aidan is human, which normally puts him on the menu, but Kate finds herself attracted to him in more ways than one and decides to wait before she kills him to see if the allure is something more than his irresistible good looks. Already confused by her inclinations towards a romantic entanglement with Aidan, matters are not made any easier when Jack, comes to town.

Jack and Kate have a very complicated relationship dating back to the fall of Rome. He’s an angel, she’s not. One night with her will make him fall and be damned to life in the demon ranks. Jack’s presence not only complicates her life, but acts a catalyst for the extraordinary chain of events that will forever change her.
With Aidan, she gets a chance to play human. One night with Jack and she’ll actually be human.



My Review:



Awesome read! From the beginning this book draws you in. The Originality of the star-crossed, untouchable love between an Vampire and an angel is amazing. But it doesn’t stop there. Lets throw in a drop dead gorgeous man into the mix. Ms. Christman did an brilliant job creating the characters and world/setting. Plot, Storyline, Writing style and Pace will have you finishing this book in one day. I would recommend this book to everyone. It was a fantastic read!


5 Stars!


Author Interview:



PhotobucketCan you tell us a little about yourself? 

Well, I’m a writer by passion, actor by hobby and nurse by trade. I’m also a film noir lover and outdoor enthusiast so these things work their way into my stories whether I like it or not.

Do you recall how your interest in writing originated? 

I don’t recall because I’ve been writing since I was old enough to hold a crayon and put together sentences.  I do know that I started writing novels around sixteen or seventeen.

What surprised you the most about the writing/publishing process? 

I think what surprised me the most was the editing process. It wasn’t as bad as I pictured it and, in fact, it was a great learning experience. I learned things that I apply to all my current and future works.

How do you develop your plots and characters? Do you use any set formula? 

I don’t have a formula—that may be part of my problem. The characters and plots sort of appear simultaneously and then from there I kind of dissect the characters like an actor in a play. I try to discover all the little nuances that make the characters and their world.

What, in your opinion, are the most important elements of good writing? 

An engaging plot, good grammar, and interesting characters make good writing, at least in my opinion.

Can you share a little of your current work with us? 

I am currently in the process of editing a novel that will be out this October entitled Nightingale. I am also writing a novel called, The Blessed Damned. I’d share an excerpt but seeing as how it’s a work in progress, the excerpt I have wouldn’t be up to par to share.

In Twitter Fashion use140 characters or less, sum Requiem for us. 

Requiem is a love story and a tale of growth, even after five millennia.

How did you come up with a story that was such a whirl wind of events?

Requiem stems from a dark time in my life and Kate’s voice came from all of my emotions during that time. When she first popped into my head, she was basically like “write my memoir” and I did.

How long did it take you to write it, and did you have any writer’s block along the way? 

This book took me about a year because I did get writer’s block several times. I actually finished The Witching Hour before I finished Requiem.

Will we be seeing a following book to this story?

No. Kate and her world were a stand alone. She’s gone from my imagination now. I’ve told the story as it should be told.

How did you come up with the character Kate? 

Kate was the embodiment of my darker emotions when someone very close to me died tragically. I was feeling a plethora of emotions and there was Kate in my head one day. To this day, I have trouble reading chapters eight and nine.

PhotobucketI always must ask, If you could pick one actress to portray Kate on the big screen who would it be and why?

That’s a hard question. I’d have to say Bianca Lawson.

Was there anything you find particularly challenging when writing this book? 

I found it difficult to write chapters eight and nine. Kate has just lost the vampire that created her and she is struggling to deal with that loss. It’s a very realistic grief and the character was very raw. I think it was difficult because the emotions mirrored some of my own.

What were your feelings when you first saw the cover of your finished book? 

It was strange really. To see my name on the cover of a book was amazing. I still get goosebumps every time I see a cover with my name on it.

Thank you for this opportunity. I’m glad you enjoyed Requiem and I hope you will check out Nightingale when it is released in October 2011.


Thank You for joining me during Authors Month in May!
I can't wait for Nightingale!!


Please Follow This Author at her website:
http://www.ashleymchristman.com 








5 comments:

lindalou said...

Hi Ashley! You are also a new author to me... but when Melissa gives a book 5 stars, I know I'd enjoy it also. I really enjoyed reading your interview... and chuckled that you got goosebumps when you saw your name on the cover! Best of luck with your writing and I've put this book on my to be read list.

booklover0226 said...

Hi, Ashley. I just read the excerpt of Requiem on your site and loved it. This is a must have for me.

Thanks,
Tracey D

Charlotte said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ash said...

Linda,
Thank you for your good wishes and I hope you enjoy reading Requiem.

Booklover0226,
Thank you for you compliment on my excerpt. I hope you enjoy the book as well.

tears_of_fire said...

This book sounds like a good read :) I will have to add it to my to be read list.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...