Thursday, April 14, 2011

Author Interview With Sasha Oliver!

Photobucket
Author Interview with
Sasha Oliver!


Can you tell us a little about yourself?

Sasha: Well, I grew up and currently reside in the Panhandle of Florida. I'm happily married and Mommy to 3 kids all under the age of 8!

Do you recall how your interest in writing originated?


Sasha: I remember little bits.. Like writing a fanfic.. (didn't know it was called that until years later..) of Teenaged Mutant Ninja Turtles..

 

I have a nice time following you on Twitter. In 140 characters or less, sum The Zodiac Chronicles: The Gifts for us.

Sasha: Max Kincaide has to figure who's killing the Virgins- Religions Icons in the Zodiac Society as well as figure out who's trying to kill him!

What surprised you the most about the writing/publishing process?

Sasha: My book is a self published e-book.. and what surprised me the most was how easy it was to do!

What were your inspirations for creating this story?

Sasha: Not sure, I've always been interested in Vampires and I have a "close to but not all the way" unhealthy obsession with Astrology, and I thought about what it would be like if I wrote a story that had both elements.. and it sort of sprouted from there!

Most people will/have probably found this book to leave them aching for the next book, how long did it take you to write it, and did you have any writer’s block along the way?

Sasha: Almost 7 months.. give or take a couple of weeks.. and I have 3 kids so I get writers hiatus, instead of Block!
How do you develop your plots and characters? Do you use any set formula?

Sasha: Once I have all the elements I think I'm going to need, I imagine the story playing out like a Movie or TV show in my head. Lol! Commercial Free!

I just love the men in books. How did you come up with the character Max?


Photobucket
Jared Padalecki

Sasha: I used character models for the main characters.. People who I think would be perfect for the roles I create!

 

If you could pick one actor to portray Max on the big screen who would it be and why?

Sasha: Jared Padalecki -grin-

 

What, in your opinion, are the most important elements of good writing?

Sasha: 1. Once you have an idea floating around in your head, don't be afraid to let your mind wander.. ( well, I guess don't do this if you are driving or currently preoccupied..) See if you can come up with more elements to work into your masterpiece!

2. Don't be afraid to put your own spin on traditional subjects.. you never know what you can discover!

3. Write, Write, Write.. the more you write the better and more clearer your characters will respond back to you

This was a great story set with different worlds. Was there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?

Sasha: I think the most challenging part is tying in my fictional world of the Zodiac Society in with our modern world!
Photobucket
What were your feelings when you first saw the cover of your finished book?

Sasha: Huge feelings of accomplishment, pride and a healthy dose of fear and nervousness

Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?

Sasha: I just want the readers to enjoy the wild ride I was on when it was being written!

Sasha Oliver and The Zodiac Chronicles can be found at:


7 comments:

Sasha said...

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to take part in your Authors of the Month event!

Denise K. Rago said...

Sasha,

I too am obsessed with both vampires and astrology. What a fascinating combination! I would love to win your book! dkrago@earthlink.net. Thank you.

Tishia Mackey said...

Great interview! This book sounds really good. I love vampires and I think astrology is very interesting, great idea to combine the two!

Gabby said...

For me Sasha this was the most helpful interview of all because I'd like to write professionally someday.

kakuchouakisame_19@yahoo.com

Melissa said...

Sasha: Oh your very welcome!! Thank you! I enjoyed working with you.

Unknown said...

Awesome Interview! Love your book, and can't wait for the next one to come out..I am one of your biggest fans!

Raine Miller said...

Cool interview, Sasha and what an interesting premise for your series. It sounds like a great read to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...