Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Clarrissa Lee Moon: Nightwolves Coalition (Book Review, Author Interview and Character Interview)

Synopsis:
Volume One: Nightwolves Coalition starts the tale of Catrina who flies to New York to be with her mates of which there are three (Demitri, Andre and Antonio Caberelli). On the way there is an attempted hi-jacking and Catrina steps up to save the passengers from the takeover. In doing so, she exposes herself as a vampire to Special Forces. Now she must clean up her mess and make a deal with the military. The military had been having problems completing missions successfully due to very unusual things happening in the field. Catrina and her team may be their answer. However, the military finds the reasons why things have been going strange on missions. It's the beginning of high adventure and unusual situations even Special Forces may be challenged to overcome.


Book Review
Nightwolves Coalition
By Clarrissa Lee Moon
4 out of 5
First of all I love the cover :) It would make me pick it up and find out more.
This book is based on a world much like our own with lots of supernatural things, and beings, going on outside the ‘normal’ scope. Including but not limited to some 2012 Doomsday prophecies that are beginning to show signs of coming true.

Overall I enjoyed this book.

I felt that the prologue was trying to give us too much information too quickly and didn’t follow the pace of the rest of the book. This book was different in many ways and there was a lot of information that needed to be given to be able to understand the story. However sometimes the way the information was being given felt rushed and didn’t go with the flow of the rest of the story.

Most of the story had a great flow to it and there were times when I couldn’t put it down. I needed to know what was going to happen next.

I like the main character Catrina (Cat) she is fiercely protective of her family and friends. She does whatever needs to be done in any situation to keep others safe, even risking herself.

The ending of the story was good and left me wanting more without feeling unfinished. I am looking forward to the next book in the series.


Author Interview:

Can you tell us a little about yourself?
To know me is to know what it is I believe in:
I believe in the soul, the power of the penis and Dutch Apple pie.
Having kisses on my lower back to make me purr. Baseball and Football are real sports, but Golf is not. Cold beer on a hot day. Long rides on a Harley on winding roads that seems to go on forever.
I believe Lee Harvey Oswald had a lot of help. I believe the Constitution should be reinstated and any politicians messing with it should be fired immediately. That William Shakespeare is the greatest play writer/author ever and should have his own national day of celebration. I believe in romance, true love and opening your presents on Yule night instead of Christmas. I believe in slow, deep, long, wet kisses from the top of a man's head to his toes before having actual intercourse.

Do you recall how your interest in writing originated?
When I was little I used to have the most marvelous adventures in my mind to escape from reality for a time. I then started to write them down in journals and have been writing ever since.

What surprised you the most about the writing/publishing process?
That actually writing the book was the easiest part- not the hardest.

How do you develop your plots and characters? Do you use any set formula?
Not with my Nightwolves Series. I want everything to be a surprise for the reader.

What, in your opinion, are the most important elements of good writing?
Character development, authentic research and precise descriptions.

Can you share a little of your current work with us?
I am working on Nightwolves Dawn to Dusk_ The Semi Prequel. It is a bit like Quentin Terantino in that it flashes back and forth between present time and Catrina’s past. It gave me a chance to show the reader how Catrina became all she is and also learn more about her mates, their backgrounds and what motivates them.

In Twitter Fashion, use 140 characters or less, sum up Nightwolves Coalition for us.
Not just a story...it could be a survival guide someday.

How did you come up with a story that was about the 2012 Doomsday prophecies?
Doomsday is so...absolute....I believe in more of a "life changing as we know it," prophecy. Yes, change can be painful, but necessary if we are to learn and grow as a species. I believe there will be enough of us left over to hopefully learn from the mistakes we have made in the industrial era. We should be more Earth friendly and work with nature as opposed to trying to control or conquer it. I think what has been happening and what will happen is Mother Nature's way of saying you can’t control me, now play nice or else.


How long did it take you to write it, and did you have any writer’s block along the way?
I wrote Nightwolves Coalition and Nightwolves on the Prowl in a single month. Both flowed out like a waterfall. Nightwolves Siren’s Song took a bit of prodding and Nightwolves Dawn to Dusk is being very ornery:-) Now I am having blocks, but mostly due to too much stress at home. I really need a vacation:-)

Will we be seeing a following book to this story? (beyond the three that are out now)
Yes, there will be Nightwolves Dawn to Dusk, Nightwolves Battle for Kla' din, Nightwolves Union on Trinidad and Nightwolves Twilight- The Last Battle.



If you could pick one actor to portray Catrina on the big screen who would it be and why?
Jessica Alba. She did Dark Angel and was smokin’ in it. I really wished they did season three.

Was there anything you find particularly challenging when writing this book?
Getting the Mercs to play nice with the Military:-) and vice versa, in a believable way.

What were your feelings when you first saw the cover of your finished book?
Complete awe and pride. I can’t believe I did this still and succeeded at it! Nightwolves fan base is growing daily and getting hotter all the time:-)

What made you decide on the three soulmates idea?
The Celtic pantheon has a lot of myths where there are more than one soulmate. Plus, I think alternative marriages should be more accepted as the norm, rather than something that should be in the closet because of one religion that should not dictate to every single person on the planet.

Do you think it's sometimes harder for them because they are brothers sharing one woman?
For these three brothers, no. They have always been close and only fought over her in the beginning because of what is considered the "social norm." Finding out their true religions and astral birthings allowed them to find out their true selves and be accepting of the ways things are for them as opposed to how things are for most other people. They are different from the mundanes and should not have to live by their standards. I think that’s what makes most people miserable is being forced to live by other people’s standards, denying them true happiness. It should be a crime really.


What would happen to the foursome or any of the other foursome's if someone died?
If one goes, they all go. The bonds between them are too tight and thick now. They had gone through so many trials and tribulations that it pretty much cemented their "all or nothing" destiny. Read Nightwolves Dawn to Dusk for this information:-)


Character Interview: Catrina Garcia

Where do you live?
Now I live in Corpus Christi, Texas. Can you fucking believe it?

Where are you from?
I was born in Cali, but we moved around a lot when I was young. When I ran away from home at age twelve, I saw just about every single state in America before I was even 15.

How old are you?
45, I think. I don’t celebrate my bdays. They suck.

What are you called? Nick name?
Cat…stupid huh? LOL

How would you describe your looks??
I always wished I was pretty. My mates and my kids think I am pretty. My youngest son calls me gorgeous all the time, especially when he wants something:-) Personally I think they all need glasses or maybe they are angling for something. Maybe they tell me this to keep me in a good mood? Who knows.

In Twitter Fashion use 140 characters or less, sum your personal ad for us. (If you were to have one)
1-800- assassin, have gun, will travel.

What kind of childhood did you have?
You could say Freddy Kruger was my step-father's nice twin.

What do you do for a living?
You know that ole cliché, if I told you, I'd have to kill ya?
Yeah, I love a good cliché.

How do you deal with conflict and change?
I deal with conflict with my fists, change with sex...a lot of sex:)

Who else is in your life?
Too many freakin’ people. I think I liked being alone better. It simplified a lot of aspects in my life.

What are your goal or motivation?
To get the hells off this freakin’ planet.

What are your hobbies and interests?

Guns, knives, sex...in that order.

What motivates you?
To make this world safe enough for my kids to have a decent life.

Of what are you proudest?
Raising my kids on my own and having them turn out as well as they did.

What is your most embarrassing memory?
I was kidnapped when I was seven by a gang of teenagers in L.A. I was so small and light weight I couldn’t fight them off. They held me for hours and then made me show where I lived. They stole some stuff out of the house but it wasn’t much. We didn’t have much. They left me there alive with a few bruises my mother didn’t even notice on me. My mom was at work at the time and it was in between the times when she would leave my step father for a few months then wind up getting back together with him. I never told her about it, not because I was afraid, but because I wasn’t strong enough at the time to beat them off. It was one of the incidences that fueled my need to be strong and learn how to fight so nothing like that could ever happen again.

What was your first date like?
I have never dated in my life. I would just meet a guy and if I wanted to bed him I would simply just ask. Why waste time?

How did you meet the person (all three people) of your dreams?
From doing astral projection.

Who are your best friends?
Dar was my best friend; now my mates are my best friends.

Who were your best friends in the past, and why aren't they your best friends today?
Dar was basically my only friend in real life. I had/have lots of astral friends but Dar was also physical. She died because of the astral stuff and stupid doctors.

Describe yourself--what is your best quality? What is your worst?
I'd kill for my kids and my mates. Feeling no guilt about killing them.

Describe your family.
Fantasia on acid. LMAO

What did you ask for on your last birthday? What did you get?
I slept all day, who cares.

What is the one thing you wish other people knew about you?
That I really hate having to be a bad ass.

What is your biggest secret--the one thing you don't want ANYBODY to know?
Now if I told you it wouldn’t BE a secret, now would it? And if I told you, EVERYBODY would know it.
Sheesh.

What are you most afraid of?
Losing my mates or my kids.

What do you want more than anything?
NOT to be the Daughter of a Goddess.

If you could change one thing in your past, would you, and what would it be?
I wouldn’t have opened up my chakras without a circle. That started a whole lot of shit.

YouTube Trailer = http://youtu.be/H1Dsow3OmXM
 Link 1 = http://www.amazon.com/dp/1937085104
 Link 2 = http://clarrissaleemoonauthor.webs.com/
 Link 3 = http://www.worldcastlepublishing.com/urbanfantasyavailable.htm

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...